Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am WRONG!

In my profile I say that I've only ever had cats as pets.  Not true!  When I was a freshman at Oakland University thirty years ago, I purchased three exotic goldfish from KMart or the store equivalent at that time.  I called them, "Mario," he was a black fancy goldfish, "Orla" a multicolor goldfish (named after my great grandfather who was a drunk and a womanizer), and "Drayton," a regular-looking goldfish.  Drayton was named after my great great grandfather, David Drayton Brooks, who was a rebel in the American Civil War.  I kept Mario, Orla and Drayton about one month and finally I flushed them in the toilet as it got to be too difficult to move them back and forth to Imlay City on the weekends (I almost always went  home every weekend at Oakland).  Cruel, it is true, but I did once have 3 goldfish in addition to a plethora of cats.