and preferred his vodka martinis shaken, not stirred...in my dreams of course!
This is Cinnamin two days after I got him from somewhere up north in Michigan on 8 November 2003. He was all ears and paws. He weighed two pounds and was 10 weeks old when my dear friend, now deceased, Charyl Frounfelter went up north with her husband, Larry, to visit this Siamese Cat Breeder for me to get Cinnamin. He was sick for the first month after he came home with me on 6 November 2003. He had fleas and worms and you see a little bruise on his nose where he had major problems with the cat carrier the first time I took him to the vet.
Cinnamin cost me $100 and this was a very modest price for a pedigreed Siamese kitten. Charyl and Larry came home with Cinnamin's littermate, and named him Brendan, and he is an exact match for Cinnamin. I was going to call my new kitten "Cimmaron" after a river in Texas, but my then-boyfriend's daughter convinced me to call him Cinnamon. I did indeed call him Cinnamin but of a varied spelling. As I said before, Cinnamin was born on 26 August 2003 and this Friday on 11/6/09 will mark the 6th year that he has been a part of my life.
Clove, on the other hand I purchased from a legitimate Siamese breeder in Holland, Michigan for $275!! He actually had a complete pedigree that I brought home with him. He was born on 8 September 2004 and moved to my house on 31 October 2004. The only day my doorbell rang in the 5 years that I've lived in my house was on Halloween when Clove moved in. My friend, Angie went over to Holland with me to pick up Clove. The breeder had several Siamese kittens running about and she had two Blue Points which was exactly what I was desiring in a color for my second Siamese.
Clove in this photo is about 12 weeks old and I took the picture on the day after Christmas 2004. Look into those baby blues of his and you see him thinking, considering how he can get into trouble. E-V-I-L is how Clove spells his name in Siamese!
Regarding Mr. Firth a reader made a comment and pointed me to a neat website called Firth Essence. Go to Firth Essence and take a gander at all the cool photos of Colin Firth.

