Why do our cats love us? This is a very perplexing question. My ex-companion said that Cinnamin and Clove only had affection for me as they viewed me as the feed bag:
I tend to disagree with this. I don't see myself in the mirror with this image, and I don't think Clove and Cinnamin do either. Yes, they are most excited when I visit them each morning and put out new cat food and water, but when they're done eating they come to me and let me pet them, probably hoping that I'll let them out of the basement so that they can sleep on the furniture all day after I've left for work. (they think they are so crafty, and that I'm blinded by their loveliness). Nope, my cats stay in the basement while I'm at work and then again at night when we all retire.
But resuming the cats' love, or affection towards me, just after they've been fed and they do their cat-washing routine, they both come to me and let me pet them, usually for as long I want to pet them, but ordinarily this is a short period of time as I must rush through getting ready for work. Cats aren't as slavish in their love for their human (I do belong to two Meezers, Cinnamin and Clove) as are dogs (and I don't think dogs consider people as their "human"), but cats show affection all the time.