Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I can't believe I watched the entire thing...

it was awful, a movie Colin Firth was in and the movie tanked, it was so badly written, edited, filmed...it just stinks, even Colin Firth, doing the best he could, could not save "Trauma."  Dreadful awful movie.  Sorry Colin, it stinks to be you in this film.

Last night Cinnamin played two tricks on me by hiding.  In other words, he scared the boogers right out of me!  I got home late last night from work to hear a slow beep, beep, beep coming somewhere from the second floor and I run upstairs thinking the smoke detector up there, has a defective battery in it as I just changed it two weeks ago (you're supposed to swap out the batteries in your smoke detectors every six months).  Nope, once upstairs I find it's not the smoke detector but instead the CO detector, carbon monoxide...I'm breathing real fast here.  I unplug the unit and take it into a bedroom that has better light and see that it is flashing "lb" in addition to the obnoxious slow, whining beep, beep, beep.  Reading the very tiny print "lb" means "low battery" and my heart starts to slow back down...I go downstairs, put my coat back on and go to the store to buy new 9 volt batteries.  Lesson learned, change the battery in the CO detector when doing the smoke detectors.

So I come home and only Clove greets me at the door.  This is most unusual...usually it's the watchdog, Cinnamin who greets me coming and leaving.  I look around through all the rooms of the first floor and he's not available.  Yikes, I'm starting to get panicky again...can't explain it about Cinnamin, anything wrong with this cat and I freak.  I looked up the stairway to the second floor and don't see him behind the child's gate that keeps the 4 legged varmits to the first floor and basement.  I think to myself...did he get outside when I left for the store or when I came back...I exit the house and look in my tiny fenced-yard, even going to the garage and can't find him...the most unimaginable thoughts are racing through my mind...Cinnamin is on the other side of the garage door and if I open it, he will run away...!

With a heavy heart I reenter the house and immediately I see Cinnamin looking at me from behind the catdoor that lets the cats into the basement...thank goodness he's okay!

But this is not the rest of the story...I started to doing some walking throughout the house, cause I don't think I walk enough and walking at 10pm at night is the best time for exercise, right?  And then I notice that I can't see Cinnamin again...when I say he is the watchdog in the house, this is the truth, this cat will follow me everywhere just to keep an eye on me.  The only cat I can see is the evil one, Clove, sitting quietly on the carpet, looking as good as gold.  Where is Cinnamin...darn'd cat?!!

I know he's around cause I hear his tiny "meow,"  but where has he gone and why can't I see him but only hear him?  I walk by the stairway going to the second floor again, thinking silly Cinnamin has climbed the impossible child's gate to climb for cats, but he's not looking down at me from the other side of the gate.  I keep walking and listening for his distant, tiny-sounding meow.

I pass from the dining room into the hallway going into the kitchen and I see Clove run up to the hallway closet and from under the closet door comes a striped paw...Cinnamin went into the closet when I hung up my coat and didn't get out before I closed the door.  Big, dummy, Siamese Cat...