Came home from Thanksgiving last night and what greeted me in the mail? No, not Cinnamin and Clove, they were in the house, in the basement waiting for me to let them out...it was a DVD from Netflix called "BlackAdder: back and forth." It came out in 1999 and I only ordered it as Colin Firth is supposed to be in it playing William Shakespeare the great poet and playwright.
Aargh, he only had 2 minutes or less of camera time. I wasted 60+ minutes only to see 2 or less minutes of Colin Firth!! The movie itself, starring Rowan Atkinson was appalling. I recall watching this series back in the 1980s and was highly amused. This sequel, "BlackAdder: back and forth," is very dismal. The one highlight of the film is the part when BlackAdder goes back in time to the Romans at the Hadrian Wall in northern England and you see Rowan Atkinson in a small skirt (the Roman soldier outfit) and then you see Hugh Laurie (of "House" fame) in an even shorter skirt, and finally Stephen Fry comes into the scene, only speaking Latin and his Roman skirt is so short that you see his skivvies. Truly the only funny moment in the film.
Cinnamin and Clove wouldn't tell me how they spent Thanksgiving. Once I let them out of the basement they immediately went over to the furnace register in the wall and took a cat nap. I wonder if they are peeved at me for leaving them home...