As with cats, I have been a life-long doll-lover. My first doll I remember receiving was on my 3rd birthday, a short-haired blonde plastic doll that had no flexibility about it. I called her "Debbie" and I chewed up her hands pretty good and possibly her feet. Debbie moved to Lum with the family on 3 December 1965 but I don't recall what happened to her after we moved. The first Barbie doll I received was on my 5th birthday which occurred on Easter Sunday 10 April 1966 and I got Scooter! I was so excited to get her and she is on my doll shelf to this day.
I recall growing up when visiting my grandmother in Mt. Clemens that she had dolls of my Aunt Kay in the glass display shelves of her desk. Sometimes Gram would take out the dolls and we had to be very careful while handling them. My aunt later retrieved these dolls when she and her family moved from California to Wisconsin, and I remember one time in Wisconsin, that Aunt Kay got out all her dolls for us and we marvelled at them, all little dolls (I could be mis-remembering), some only 3 or 4 inches high, the name of the manufacturer I can't recall at this writing.) I was fortunate to possess one of these dolls eventually when I was visiting my sister who lives in Appleton in an antique store. A little blonde doll with a pretty blue dress on and she had her original box and tag on her arm. I paid $25.00 for her and I know that I got an excellent deal!
Clove is indifferent to dolls. He might sniff them and then he moves on. He prefers sitting in a box over becoming disturbed by my dolls.
Clove today about 4 or 5pm.
Clove last summer while in the basement waiting for me to come home from work.
Cinnamin, on the other hand, take adversion to dolls. I can't explain it, he's otherwise a happy go-lucky cat who lets me do whatever I want to him.
